• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read before posting

this is another useful tool and is free

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

whats '500 x 800 pixels' in kb?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Not very big SBP

I tend to use the resizer that I linked & it's set to 750 and that give most images a size around 35-40Kb It's a doddle to use. Down load the app & then you rename it to the size you want e.g. PhotoResize750 this gives a size of 750 x 750 pixels

Hope this helps
      ntg

Comment

Right OK so I KNOW I'm thick! Ive got the picas thing (I think!) how do I put that into my message on the Vine? DDL aka thicklassfromlancashire!
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi DDL, not sure if it's the same for everyone's system but if you've re-sized your pics. to 500 pixels they should be in a file called 'Picasa Exports' in 'My Pictures' (if you're using Windows XP).When you want to add one to your post you click on the little paperclip shape next to the smiley on the screen where it says 'Fonts', Sizes' etc. & a box will appear on your screen. Click on 'Browse' & go into 'My Pictures' then select 'Picasa Exports' then select the photo you want. Click on 'Upload' on the box which is on your screen & when this has uploaded click'Close this Window'. When you post your message your photo will then appear as a thumbnail at the bottom which you can click on to see a larger view.
          This is probably not the same for everyone as some people seem to be able to get full size photos to come up in their message - no idea how that works! I'm a bit 'dim' myself when it comes to computers DDL, so if I can manage it I'm sure you will!
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks Sue, will have a go later! DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I think there was a request not to post full size pics. Some members are still on dial up and it takes forever for the images to load up. Better to post thumbnails which can be enlarged.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi DDL, try the prog I use it's so much easier than Picassa for re-sizing. If you pm me your e-mail address I'll mail you a copy set up ready I don't think it's too big and it is a freebie.
                ntg

Comment

Nick - you are a life saver! will PM you my details! DDL PS please make sure they are in plain, basic english!
                  Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Does picassa work on windows vista? Bernie aka Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                      Does picassa work on windows vista? Bernie aka Dexterdog
                      Don't know,but Picasso are a d*mmed good potaoe variety!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hello DDL, Ben's instructions are just the same as they were before. Nothing has changed - he's just reminding people. You managed to post your pics before, so just do it the same way. Look forward to seeing how you are getting on.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

This is why I don't post pictures - far too sophisticated for me!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi DDL.,does anything work on Windows Vista? I had an email from AOL a few weeks ago saying that if you upgrade to Vista you have to load a new version of Aol 9. It seems there are problems with certain software & programs at the moment.If you have problems maybe you can download a different version of Picasa which will work on Vista, but I don't know if they have one, I think only Windows 2000/XP are available on picasa.google.com at the mo.
                            Last edited by SueA; 23-03-2007, 02:35 PM.
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Is windows vista newer that Widows 3.1
                              ntg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X