......... but I did grow it myself. And the sunlight on it was stunning

Click image for larger version

Name:	birch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	2388067
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

You're all right there Nic, when playing Animal, Mineral or Vegetable, a tree is classed as a vegetable!

Nice tree btw!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      You're all right there Nic, when playing Animal, Mineral or Vegetable, a tree is classed as a vegetable!

Nice tree btw!
      I suppose it would be Snadger, choice of 3 is a bit limited isn't it? But it is a lovely tree Nick

Comment

Lovely tree Nick. I know what you're saying about trees against the light. I was looking at some of mine this evening against a gorgeous sunset and wondering if it was possible to get pics to do them justice. I'll give it a go, and thanks for letting us see yours. Is it a silver birch. The bark is certainly gorgeous in the sunshine.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Alice, Yes silver birch. It turned up in the garden ( seed that passed thru a flying bird I guess ) but it was in the wrong place so I moved it to the bottomof the garden as I always intended that to be a wild life area - one day I'll finish it off!!!
          ntg

Comment

lovely photo Nick. We've got one at the bottom of our garden (about 20 feet away!!) I love the way it catches the light and because it's the only thing I can see in the yard, it's really special. When I was small I came across Hiawatha and still remember that bit about 'Give me of your bark o birch tree, of your silver bark, o birch.. '
            am getting soft in my old age....

If anyone wants some seedlings let me know and I'll save some this year.
            Last edited by madderbat; 04-02-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

She does look stunning NTG. Can we have one of her in full glory later in the year too?
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

If anyone wants some seedlings let me know and I'll save some this year.[/QUOTE from Madderbat.

Madderbat, if you remember Soobeth (our youngest member) is looking for seedlings for her Bonsai work. Maybe you could save a few for her.
                Last edited by Alice; 05-02-2007, 05:19 PM. Reason: Avoidance of confusion

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  If anyone wants some seedlings let me know and I'll save some this year.[/QUOTE from Madderbat.]

Madderbat, if you remember Soobeth (our youngest member) is looking for seedlings for her Bonsai work. Maybe you could save a few for her.
                  Will do Alice, maybe just seeds will travel better?

Comment

when is a tree not a tree.

when a tree has been coppiced and regrows several trunks, is it still one tree.

Comment

yes, just a bushy one it only has one root system and some trees are multi trunked without coppicing PVM.
                      ntg

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
                        She does look stunning NTG. Can we have one of her in full glory later in the year too?
                        Aaaaah! What a shame! Did Nic not mention that he cut the tree down after taking it's photo cos it was casting a shadow over his greenhouse??? Naughty, naughty Nic!

On the plus side,there's plenty of logs if you've got a wood burning stove, if you ask him nicely he might send you some!
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Aaaaah! What a shame! Did Nic not mention that he cut the tree down after taking it's photo cos it was casting a shadow over his greenhouse??? Naughty, naughty Nic!

On the plus side,there's plenty of logs if you've got a wood burning stove, if you ask him nicely he might send you some!
                          Just re-read this...maybe not in the best taste, but it did seem funnier when I was under the afflluence of incohol!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just re-read this...maybe not in the best taste, but it did seem funnier when I was under the afflluence of incohol!
                            I read it as a joke Snadge, but couldn't think of a response. It sure killed the thread!
                            Maybe we can have some pics of the beauty in leaf soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X