Please, please, please Mods....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
    One's puss-in-boots and I have a septic foot too!
    Oh YUK!!!...some of us are preparing supper!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Oh YUK!!!...some of us are preparing supper!
      Well let's hope you're not having chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella and pesto!
      (Or let's hope you are! Yumm)

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      Right, I'm back.

I think I can safely say that, as long as I'm still moderating, there'll be a Show of some description. Possibly along those lines Ollie, although there is some hitches with doing it that way - what if you get 2 threads of 8 entries, and 1 with only 3? But I'm prepared to put the work in behind the scenes. I just hope that lots of Grapes will be similarly committed, so it's worth it!

But, what I reeeally hope will happen, is that we'll get a dedicated board for the whole Show and the magazine will get involved too. IF we get a new board for it, Admin can set it up so that voting can happen the way we originally planned last year, or maybe in a way we haven't even though of... I know that Lucy (Editor) would have loved to get involved with it last year, it just didn't work out with what they already had going on. So fingers crossed
      There are several grapes with techy backgrounds, surely one of them them could put something together. Or does it need to be linked to the vine?
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

By 'board', I mean like Growing Techniques is a board, and Vegging Out is a board, etc.

I've just asked Admin if they have any plans for a Show. I may not be able to give you an answer (if it's Top Secret ), but I will try my hardest to get the categories announced a bit sooner this year...

Comment

Well let's hope you're not having chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella and pesto!
          (Or let's hope you are! Yumm)
          nope - actually I'm doing this- with rice!

YouTube - Moroccan spicy meat balls - Rick Stein Cooks - BBC
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Would be great to see the admin team getting involved and winners (and all entrants!) featured in the magazine.
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

By 'great' do you really mean 'a miracle'...?!

Comment

Bless you Seahorse. And you Sarz. You both worked so hard on the last 2 years shows.

Nutters.
                Last edited by zazen999; 18-03-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Seems silly that the Mag provides the forum, gives us prizes when we're voted MOM, sends us vouchers for suggestions that make the mag, but don't take an interest in the competition?!
                  I'd have thought it'd be right up their street.
                  Maybe the quality of our pictures doesn't meet their high standards
                  Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

It was in the magazine 3 years ago, but it was a bit of a nightmare for one reason and another, so it was dropped the following year and Seahorse ran it instead.

Comment

ast year, and some fairies got their undies in knots about it, but the vast majority of us really enjoyed it.
                      Eh? What happened there then, I must have missed that.

Mind you I will be boycotting it, I never won one thing last year, I never actually got around to entering anything, but that's not the point is it?
                      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                        Eh? What happened there then, I must have missed that.

Mind you I will be boycotting it, I never won one thing last year, I never actually got around to entering anything, but that's not the point is it?
                        Nothing worth writing home about, the point is that the vast majority of Grapes thoroughly enjoyed it, even 1st years (freshers) like me. Even if you don't win, for which there is no prize, it's just really nice to be able to display some of your produce.
                        I honestly couldn't tell you a single category winner as it really didn't matter. Of course I'm sure I'd remember if I'd won any

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell you a single category winner as it really didn't matter. Of course I'm sure I'd remember if I'd won any
                          *Raises hand enthusiastically!

Me - I won a class. Roma Tomatoes, three of. Free seeds that came with the Mag actually, which makes it even better!

It's not the wining that counts, it's the taking part. Great fun!
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-05-2010, 02:10 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            Says the person that's already won

I shall be out to win it! In theory, in practice I don't stand a chance.
                            "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              *Raises hand enthusiastically!

Me - I won a class. Roma Tomatoes, three of. Free seeds that came with the Mag actually, which makes it even better!

Says the person who pipped me to first place in the tomato section. I am still bitter ya know
                              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I have never been an exhibitionist. In fact have never had anything to shout about so does it matter how small or how big or maybe just how beautifully formed to be eligible

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X