Pinto Bean Quirk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The invisible beans are best, no farting

I had my 2 month old on me and he was mucking it all up, fixed now.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

I had some that were halfway inbetween; so with about half and half but not quite as coloured as that!

Not bad eh? 4 different types of pinto from one original batch.

Comment

Yep, not bad.
        Mine seemed to be semi dwarfing as well, not sure what you think they are, but they were sprawling all over the place so I put up a couple of canes and they went straight up them to about a metre, most of the beans seem to be down right near the floor though.
        Quite heavy cropping it seems to me, what do you think?

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

My quirks were not dwarfs but all the others were; and yes - a good cropper!!! but the parents from last year were ALL dwarfs...very strange and I wonder what they have crossed with to get these quirks and the climbing gene....

Comment

It's all probably inbreeding .........
            That might also answer some of the questions about certain people on other certain forums

Comment

Oh aye - it certainly might.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

Also; Flum - those Lancs Lad peas you sent me - half of them were purple and half were green when I picked them....the pods that is....and the green peas themselves didn't have that purpley tint to them......has this happened with any of yours this year?
                Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                No - I didn't grow them this year. Ran out of room. However, the people that share my allotment grew some - all theirs were purple. They shouldn't have crossed with anything - I grew them near climbing beans! I wonder if they have reverted or something?
                Just bumping this thread.

The pinto quirks are being grown by myself and Seahorse, to see how they grow out. Pics will follow of the actual beans later in the year.

The lancs lad peas, saved from the purple ones last year, have rougued another tall green pea. Saved separately again and we shall see what comes next year.

Comment

Bumping again in preparation for the newsletter from HSL......

Comment

Did you get the newsletter? It seems that what I gave you as Lancashire Lad are not so. LL is green podded - maybe you've been roguing out the wrong ones!

Anyway - I now don't know who the Daddy of my purple mangetout is.

My uusual soldier bean is now growing on as 3 varieties of dwarf bean. One is distincly drought resistant! Brilliant this year.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X