Views:	3
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	2388024

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0017.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	2388025

Hello Jools, Weavie and any other new grapes thinking about GYO for the first time this incoming year. Thought I would share a few pics to let you see what I did this year.

The potatoes are Charlotte grown in a bucket and they all did very well. I had potatoes for most of the summer. The other variety I grew in buckets were Rooster and the crop was excellent. I got a whopping 6 lbs from one bucket.

The tomatoes grown outdoors on these south facing terraces were free seeds from the mag - Gartenperle. The produced tomatoes in abundance.

The yellow courgettes were Goldrush. They came early and produced a plentiful crop but were a bit flavourless. Will try a different variety for next year.

The peppers were grown in the greenhouse but in truth I think they would have done as well on the windowsill. I took them into the house at the end of the season and they ripened there.

The squash were said to be Butternut. they turned out like mixed variety but they were all excellent. I grew them on these south terraces and just let them ramble across the gravel.

I must have more pics of the actual produce. If I can find them I'll post some.
    Happy gardening.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Hi Alice, wonderful piccies, thanks for sharing them! I love your edible terrace, must be great to have all that produce so close to your kitchen!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Hi Alice, nice pics.It's good to see some of your garden as you're always asking everyone else to post more photos! They remind us of what's to come next year when everything is starting to look a bit miserable outside now. I agree with you about the yellow courgettes, I grew 'Orelia' this year & although they look lovely & are good croppers I don't think they have as much flavour as green ones, I'm still going to grow some yellow ones again though as they add colour to recipes & salads.Looking forward to seeing your lovely terraces next season!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

If I didn't know better Alice, I would have thought your garden was in the South of France! Nice piccies and a productive terrace!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Very nice Alice.To me thats what its all about ,fresh ,natural food right on your doorstep.And in your case literally on the doorstep.
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the piccies Alice, It's always good to see other peoples gardens & it's nice to see a "non-lottie" plot as well.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Glad you liked the pics. I know I ask everyone to post pics . I just love to see what everyone else is doing . I don't care if it's a fabulous lottie or the one cabbage you have in a pot or the snails eating your lettuce! Or your favourite hen. I love a look.
              SueA, I've enjoyed your pics. I thought I had posted quite a few. I can put a pic with every post, just didn't think anyone was all that interested. Maybe we could start a thread - just for pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                Glad you liked the pics. I know I ask everyone to post pics . I just love to see what everyone else is doing . I don't care if it's a fabulous lottie or the one cabbage you have in a pot or the snails eating your lettuce! Or your favourite hen. I love a look.
                SueA, I've enjoyed your pics. I thought I had posted quite a few. I can put a pic with every post, just didn't think anyone was all that interested. Maybe we could start a thread - just for pics.
                That sounds like a good idea to me Alice! I too love looking at other folks hard work and their pride and joy!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Alice and Mrs D. You are in the board especially opened by Ben for the Grapes to post their pictures. No need to start anything new going at all.
                  [

Comment

Oh yeah! So we are! Ooops!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Jings. I thought I said thread I didn't think anyone had said board anywhere I think I must be losing it

Comment

Alice I said board. This board is here especially for the members to post their photos. No need for a special thread. Members can create new threads for their photos or post in existing ones.
                        [

Comment

Well done Alice. Looks great!
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                            Alice I said board. This board is here especially for the members to post their photos. No need for a special thread. Members can create new threads for their photos or post in existing ones.
                            As you say LJ "members can create new threads for their photos". That's what I thought I said. Jings, we must be divided by a common langauge, or wherin lies the problem. I'm lost.

Comment

Alice the pics are great. The only yellow courgette i've grown is Soleil F1 which is pretty good but unfortunately an F1.

I love looking at the photos people post even the pets although I'm sure my rabbit and guinea pigs probably wouldn't interest most.
                              Bright Blessings
                              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X