Unusual veggies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual veggies

Being into hydroponic gardening, and also a vegetarian, I grow veggies year round. Right now, in mid-December, I am harvesting some oriental variety called Fragrant Choi, or Mak Choi in Hong Kong. Last week it was Fun Jen, and who knows what next week will be. As man does not live by bread alone; there are Asters, Calceolaria and ornamental peppers growing in my hydroponic ebb and flow systems. Over the years hydroponics has been given a bad reputation, however, it is much more productive than soil gardening. I have never grown vegetables in soil with the quality I can obtain with hydroponics. I hope that statement does not start a riot.
    Attached Files

Hi Hydrogardener, welcome to the vine!
    I'd be interested to know if your hydroponic veggies have the same taste, supermarket tomatoes you buy here that are grown hydroponically seem a bit bland! (ok, they're picked unripe too!)

Comment

Hello there- and welcome to the Vine!
      Do tell us more about what you are doing..sounds very interesting!

Food looks nice too..did you have that with a nice cheese sauce and crusty bread???? ( I would have eaten your slice of bacon if I'd been invited to eat with you!!)

...ooops - think I should have my breakfast before I start drooling!

edit- just noticed your location
      Last edited by Nicos; 12-12-2008, 09:52 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I guess if you haven't got access to soil & sun then hydroponics is better than not.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Looked into hydrophonic growing a while back, but it looked quite expensive. Would be interested to know what your setup is.

Steven
          http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Can i offer to come and inspect and report back to the Grapes...

whaata ya mean I'm just after a cheap holiday?

It didn't cross my mind...New York is not my favourite place in the whole world...at all [upstate or otherwise]...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X