No announcement yet.

2008 Showcase RESULTS

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yipee, got myself a 1st for my peppers, 2nd for my toms and a 3rd for the longest bean, I am really really really happy it has given me a boost as its my 2nd year of growing veg teaching myself from scratch.
    A BIG THANKS to all on this forum its been a great competition.
    cheers Helen

Comment

Oh wow! what fabulous entries to the show this year!
      Quite rightly so that you're all so chuffin' proud of yourselves, in my humble opinion?

One thing that Trousers and I have learned this year from our new friends:
      Never be ashamed of acknowleging what you are supremely good at.
      Actually, once you realise that you're that chuffin' good at THAT, chances are, you'll be chuffin' good at the rest of it all too next year!

Our hearty congratulations to each and every one of you.
      X

Comment

Yay!!My Beetroots got 2nd *huge grin*

Comment

I would probally got first place for the most rudest pepper in history.

Well done everyone
          http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

Well you should have sent it in Aud and given us all the laugh.You've got to be in it to win it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

maybe next year. Hopefull at next years fate we will have an amusing fruit/veg compitition.
              http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

Wooo - I've just logged on to the site for the first time in ...... er ........ a few months (panto and many other things unfortunately taking over my life at the current time) and am absolutely chuffed to bits with three firsts - thank you sooooooooo MUCH! Particularly chuffed for the berries considering how far north these were grown and outside too.

Many many thanks to you Seahorse and the other judges and all those behind the scenes. I know how difficult it is - being a Virtual Judge last year (it didn't feel very virtual - ha ha).

Phew - will have to find some way to celebrate now! Heart rate slowly going back to normal.
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Congratulations Jennie. You did brilliantly that far north and in a rotten summer.
                  Great to see you back.
                  Don't forget to tell us about the Panto.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by aud View Post
                    I would probally got first place for the most rudest pepper in history.
                    Was it as rude as my 2nd-prize-winning courgette?

I completely neglected to check this thread, as I didn't realise that the "funny" category was included in the prize-giving. Thanks to Seahorse for organising it - maybe this year my veg will be good enough to enter in one of the serious categories!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X