• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when.....

it's too hot in the greenhouse? Use the shady side of the shed of course

& this is the everlasting Sweet pea Jennie
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nick the grief; 01-07-2006, 12:47 PM.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

What a lovely display ntg!
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Thanks PC. It looks just as good from the front too

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2317890
      ntg

Comment

You're quite good at this gardening lark aren't you?
        www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Nice pics, Nick. I agree you have to use all the space. I grow clematis up the poles on the drying green (it's taking off along the ropes so will need to be hard hearted and stop it) and let the honeusuckle climb up anything it likes (it smell fabulous at the moment). Don't think I have any pics but will take some.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by poultrychat
            You're quite good at this gardening lark aren't you?
            The Art of gardening is like being a football referee You let it flow when it's going well & send it off if it's not behaving

But thanks for the compliment anyway.
            ntg

Comment

Hi Nick, have you just got a new camera or something with this rash of lovely pics. you've posted? Love the shed displays, haven't even got room for a shed in my garden, just make do with the 'cubby hole' under the stairs which opens into the ginnel between the houses.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks Nick - pictures are great. Would love to "hide" my shed, but unfortunately it is parked on the drive and my pot plants don't seem to growth high enough.

Thanks for the pic of the everlasting sweet pea. Looks lovely. Have been hunting down some seeds and our local shop has some. Should I get some now and get them in the ground for an early start next year? Or should I start them off now in pots ready to go out next year? Never too sure with this sowing in late summer lark - not something I have ever really done. But think it could get me off quicker next spring.
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hi Jennie,

from memory (very dodgy these days ..... what were we talking about?) I'd sow them around october ish in pots, I normally stick them in the coldframe (you could use your polytunnel just as easily) & see haow they go.

I posted a couple of links on another thread with some places that sell the seeds of different ones (Owl acre sweetpeas do a couple & then on their links page there's is someone else) I can always get you some seeds of my neigbours that won't be a problem.
                  ntg

Comment

Originally posted by SueA
                    Hi Nick, have you just got a new camera or something with this rash of lovely pics. you've posted?
                    Hi SueA,

Nope, no new camera just making the effort to take foto's! Some were taken with the old camera & some with the Mobile fone they are both 2Mpixel so the only difference is the lens.
                    ntg

Comment

Aren't mobile phones handy in the garden? I've now always got a camera in my pocket!

Nice photo's by the way ntg
                      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

[QUOTE=nick the grief]Hi Jennie,

from memory (very dodgy these days ..... what were we talking about?) I'd sow them around october ish in pots, I normally stick them in the coldframe (you could use your polytunnel just as easily) & see haow they go.

Thanks Nick - I have been on the links and will make sure I have some seeds for planting in October. I planted out my annual sweetpeas yesterday, they had been hardening off, but look very pathetic (only about 3" high) and I can't see them growing well seeing how late it is in the season.
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Nick/Shortie, my mobile has a camera in it as well but I bought it as a 'pay as you go' & am too tight to sign up for email facilities so can't put them on my computer.It doesn't seem to have much storage capacity either even though I deleted the pics. it came with, so I just have a photo of the cat, some flowers in the garden & my mum-in-law on it!

Comment

SueA, can you not connect your phone to your computer through a USB connection and download them that way? That's how I get mine on the forum. I'm on contract but wouldn't pay to email it to myself either...

If you don't mind me asking, what phone have you got, I'll check out for you if you can get the accesssories to shuffle them over through USB.

I have a Nokia N70... maybe it's just Nokia that provide the connections with the phone as OH has another N series Nokia (can't think which number at the mo) and his came with the gear to...

If you can get your phone to do it at minimal cost, I've personally found it really handy...
                            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I might look into that Shortie, my phone is a Philips & does seem to have a connection next to the one for recharging but I think it's just for a headset & I didn't get any USB cable or anything with it but will check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X