• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First crop of the year

Hows this for forced Rhubarb?

All pulled and eaten now Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Attached Files
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

mmmmm dipped in sugar?
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

i ate my first crop of this years home grown last week
      ok it was only cress, but was niiiiiiiiiiiiice
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Why force rhubarb?

Comment

Because it tasts quite different from the stuff from the garden, it's early and it is a crown that I didn't want and had no one to give it to.
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
            mmmmm dipped in sugar?
            By eck that take me back. My Nan used to cut a stick of rhubarb and give it to me with a bag of sugar .... kept you regular
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by NSB View Post
              Why force rhubarb?
              Cos it can be a stubborn B/stad!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I cut first Caulflower of the year today planted 1st week in August along with PSB wich i started 2 weeks i have done my bit of bragging for now jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                  By eck that take me back. My Nan used to cut a stick of rhubarb and give it to me with a bag of sugar .... kept you regular
                  When I was little we used to live next to a small farm & me & my friend used to sneak into the field with a cup of sugar to pull stalks of rhubarb & dip them in it to eat! Wonder if they ever noticed!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                    When I was little we used to live next to a small farm & me & my friend used to sneak into the field with a cup of sugar to pull stalks of rhubarb & dip them in it to eat! Wonder if they ever noticed!
                    I did something very similar as a young un but it was eggs we helped ourselves to.
                    On one occasion the young farmhand caught us and said"right ya little bu@@ers i`m taking you up to see the farmer now .Anyway we were marched up to this very large ornate farmhouse by the farmhand where he knocked LOUDLY upon the door......and then he knocked again and again............"Lucky for you little Bu@@ers the farmer is not in so it seems you have got away with it this time"......AND THEN IT HAPPENED, Cheeky young Minty pipes up " DO YOU WANT US TO COME BACK TOMORROW, HE MIGHT BE IN THEN"......I never knew a wellie up the rear could hurt sooooo much.
                    Great to think back, Minty
                    " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Eggs we helped ourselves to.

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                      I did something very similar as a young un but it was eggs we helped ourselves to.
                      On one occasion the young farmhand caught us and said"right ya little bu@@ers i`m taking you up to see the farmer now .Anyway we were marched up to this very large ornate farmhouse by the farmhand where he knocked LOUDLY upon the door......and then he knocked again and again............"Lucky for you little Bu@@ers the farmer is not in so it seems you have got away with it this time"......AND THEN IT HAPPENED, Cheeky young Minty pipes up " DO YOU WANT US TO COME BACK TOMORROW, HE MIGHT BE IN THEN"......I never knew a wellie up the rear could hurt sooooo much.
                      Great to think back, Minty
                      When I was a four year boy, my mother kept a single hen which rarely laid a single egg. The hen was sentenced to the pot for the sunday lunch only a few days away and with no right to appeal. Here came the heros...my sister and I went to see granny who kept several hens and yes we "borrowed" two to three eggs daily. My mother couln'd understand how a hen could lay two - three eggs daily but she was happy with that. Our hen life was spared, some of my granny hens paid with their life for not laying eggs anymore.....you cannot win!!
                      Don Vincenzo

Comment

I picked my first rhubarb last weekend, we had rhubarb crumble, what a treat. It was not forced, always arrives early. I don't know what variety it is, been the allotments for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by NSB View Post
                          Why force rhubarb?
                          to eat at this time of year! I had some today with a crumble topping yum yum
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Victoria is the best rhubarb around!
                            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                              Victoria is the best rhubarb around!
                              Similar figure to the other Victoria that gives me the sh1ts ... beckham
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X