Here's an idea...........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an idea...........

OK, so we've got the first GYO Virtual Fruit and vegetable show up and running and the entries are coming in fast and furious.

To give it a bit more authenticity,how about............a virtual showbench???

The way I would see it working are pictures of all entries in each category displayed on a background (showbench) after judging, with rossette's besides the 1st-2nd-3rd etc, but all entries in that class being seen together.

I have faith that the GYO computer boffins could do it justice without too much extra time input?

Does this make sense to other people are am I getting carried away with it all?
    Last edited by Snadger; 12-09-2007, 09:23 PM. Reason: Two 'coulds'
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I think it's a great idea Snadger, I just hope it doesn't make too much work for the administrators. I know you can log on to the individual categories and see each entry, but it would be nice to see them lined up on a "virtual table" so you can see them side by side (even if it does make my entries look a bit sad)

Comment

Great idea Snadger. I think it would be quite a bit of work for those clever techie folk but do hope they can do it. Hope to see plenty of your entries on the bench.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Some already look like they are going to need a mighty long bench! Does that mean the pics will be tiny - though I suppose we can still click for a larger view.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          Some already look like they are going to need a mighty long bench! Does that mean the pics will be tiny - though I suppose we can still click for a larger view.
          Ahhh! Already thought of that Flum!

The forum pictures are rather small even when at 'clicked' size so I would envisage a link set up to a photo hosting site (or the GYO website?) where they could be viewed full screen?
          It would just take you outside the constraints of forum graphics!

Am I being unrealistic here, and asking for two much?????????

While I'm on a roll, background would have to be a bleached pine bench as used in most show halls!
          What does admin think, thats what I want to know?
          Last edited by Snadger; 13-09-2007, 12:08 PM.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Great Idea Snagger,

Will put all my entries to shame, but I can live with that!

It has been great seeing everyones entries, give you something to aim for next year............especially tomatoes!!

Mandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X