Apple scions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which are your favorites?

20 apples - Laxton's Epicure, St. Edmund's Russet, Sunset, Norfolk Royal Russet, Jupiter, Holstein, Rubinette through to Captain Kidd, Rosemary Russet, Golden Russet, Crispin, Sturmer Pippin

I've been trying to track down the Norfolk Royal Russet and Captain Kidd as I've heard very good things. How do you find them for flavour and disease?

Comment

I'd rate Captain Kidd as second only to Queen Cox in flavour among my midseason-late varieties. I also find Norfolk Royal Russet delicious, although its ripening coincides with 'peak apple' so there are lots with a good flavour available.

Rubinette gets good online reviews which don't match my experience of growing it, it's scabby and the flavour is nice but not as good as Cox or Kidd's Orange Red. I plan to rebud the M9 rootstock to another variety.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, that's very helpful.

Comment

If there is any chance...I wouldn't mind a couple of each of these 3 trees PLEASE

finefencer

Comment

have been members of the Vine for at least three months AND posted more than 50 posts during the last 3 months

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...nce_76437.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X