Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many apple/plum/cherry trees to get decent harvest?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am fruity...ha ha but lately I have found lots of these nurseries are selling duo or trio trees.

The obvious two or three varieties on one stem....then all you need to do is find what apples you would like, the same with pears, plums and cherries....I would love to be in your position....
    I have grafted several gauges onto a plum tree, and I have a Stella - Merelo cherry.

Comment

I have only one Bramley and two eater apples- all only in their third year. The bramley gave me a total of four apples last year. The vast yields described here are just a far flung fantasy for me!
      But it was the best finest most brilliant apple and blackberry crumble in the history of the whole planet.
      Last edited by muck lover; 04-04-2018, 09:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

You might want to keep an eye on when your apples flower this year. Quite a few apple varieties are self-sterile and so need a pollen partner tree in order to set a good crop. To complicate the picture they also flower at different times (flowering times are generally divided up in to 3 periods ie early, mid and late).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X