Squirrels having my apples

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBax View Post
    Its not very PC but they are an invasive species and are terrible for songbirds and trees (And fruit).

Bait station and an air rifle, or trap them, or both.......a win for you and the local flora and fauna
    I did this as a child but I've got soft in my old age - only kill slugs now.

Comment

First year my Pear tree has got proper fruit and squirrels have decimated it, there’s only 1 left.

Gutted.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

We have always been plagued by squirrels....I have a live trap. Squirrels have never once entered it!

They really are much worse than slugs

Comment

There are two animals I dislike in my garden, grey squirrels and cats. However, today cats went up in my estimation as I saw one walking away with a grey squirrel in its jaws. It went up the garden and jumped over a 6ft fence and away. Never seen them take one before. Interestingly, the cat had a collar and a bell so it must have been a dopey squirrel.

Comment

We used to have a cat that the neighbours would look after while we were on holiday. The only access into the house was the catflap (apart from the doors, obviously).
            One day the neighbours spotted a grey tail, sticking out from under the floor length curtains - it was a squirrel, live!! The cat must have brought it in through the cat flap - perhaps for company!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              We used to have a cat that the neighbours would look after while we were on holiday. The only access into the house was the catflap (apart from the doors, obviously).
              One day the neighbours spotted a grey tail, sticking out from under the floor length curtains - it was a squirrel, live!! The cat must have brought it in through the cat flap - perhaps for company!
              How, in heavens name, did you get it out. Sorry for some reason visions of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation come to mind!

Comment

Fortunately, we were on holidays! I think the neighbours shooed it out with a sweeping brush. You can imagine the comment when we came home!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X