Have My Grafts Failed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can never argue with good results!

It's just that if root stock still dormant more opportunity for the join to dry out, damp get in and fungus,bird perch on it, me knock it off .....

Whereas if it's actually growing and the cambians are good and moist with the necessary its going to be job on from day one. Hopefully. My scions are still in the fridge, just moved house (yes, brought fridge with me) haven't looked at them all winter. Like I said probably couple of weeks too later. Frosts next week

Comment

Would add my thoughts on length too, and this is controversial, anything over 3" is unnecessary and probably a disadvantage ��

Comment

Originally posted by lookbettertomorow View Post
        It's just that if root stock still dormant more opportunity for the join to dry out, damp get in and fungus,bird perch on it, me knock it off .....
        (
        If you're grafting in the field I suspect you may be correct, but I have a feeling the OP is grafting on to new 1 year old rootstocks in a controlled environment - effectively a bench graft.

If you can stop the scion drying out I can't see any reason why you can't graft deep into the season unless there's some hormone thing going on ? I might try some this year rather than chip budding.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X