No announcement yet.

A good year for fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our enormous old Pear tree is heaving with blossom. Apple, Plum and Cherry trees have all blossomed well too.
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

The apples are all flowering now. My pears were hit by the cold weather a couple of weeks ago, and quite a lot of the blossom was damaged. I'm expecting poor fruit set this year. Did no one else have problems with the late April cold spell?

Comment

I was weeding my strawberries today and noticed all the gooseberries starting to swell

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

My apples are coming into their own. It was snowing at the weekend with all the pear and cherry blossom. My quince also has loads of flowers on. It does look like it will be a good year fruit wise (touch wood)

Comment

Strangely, my plum trees haven't had much blossom this year.
            Nor last year.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X