Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Were they barerooted or in pots?
    If the former, they're probably getting their roots sorted before they think about shoots.
    I have some I planted earlier this year that are doing nothing. No panic here
    Thanks VC, they were bare rooted, I shall be more patient

Comment

Mine still aren't doing anything yet either

Comment

Was down my lottie this afternoon, just before the massive thunder storm hit us at 5pm. Inspected my bare root raspberry canes to see if they are dead sticks or alive, noticed one with a tiny shoot appearing out the base.

So if yours still haven't shown any growth yet, be patient they should be waking up around now.
        The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Planted 6 bare root long canes for my daughter in a shaded cool spot. Zilch,nothing. Recon what with the weather we've had this is like the first week of spring, perhaps need to wind the clocks back a month?

Comment

Fingers crossed that we all see some growth soon, my problem is that I have no idea what the shoots look like so I can't do any weeding yet!

Comment

I also planted new Autumn Raspberry canes in last November and also have no growth yet but here in the Highlands we are about a month behind you guys down south.
              Last edited by Strawberry patch; 08-05-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I first planted mine in Autumn 2014, they took an age to get going. This year though they are well on their way. Maybe they just need a little time to settle?
                sigpic

Comment

Was at the lottie today after a couple of weeks away and 16/18 of my new canes are showing some signs of life now

Comment

Today i noticed new shoots on my raspberry canes...Woo-Hoo

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                      Today i noticed new shoots on my raspberry canes...Woo-Hoo
                      Please can you post a photo? I'm really new to this and haven't done any weeding yet in case I accidentally pull up new shoots rather than weeds. There is now a teeny bit of green around my canes, if they were shoots I would be delighted!

Comment

No growth to be seen

Please can someone post a pic of teeny tiny growth, I have a feeling that I may have been weeding my new raspberry growth

I might just bite the bullet this weekend and replace them with garden centre plants.

Comment

Mine look like this when they are just coming through:

Have so far given away about 30 potted runners in an attempt to tame them...
                          Attached Files
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Went down my plot tonight and my new canes are showing teeny tiny growth, I'll take pics to show you but only 4 out of the 6 have shoots. If you just scratch the canes with your nail slightly and if there is still green underneath leave them, they are still developing roots and the shoots will come. Patience is a virtue as my mum used to say, I thought I'd got 6 dead sticks but seems I was wrong.
                            The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it's not to worry about raspberries growing

oh yes, they'll grow and grow and grow everywhere and then everywhere again...
                              I do love raspberry jam tho
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Mine have got blossom about to open!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X