No announcement yet.

Passiflora Caerulea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grow mine up a trellis on a south facing wall and we get fruit each year, the better the summer the more we get, i don't shelter it at all just a handful of bfb each spring

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
      and we get fruit each year
      Do you eat the fruit? I've found a cheap obelisk frame so I' going to wait until that arrives to put it out. It is really windy this week but hopefully it'll settle down by next week.
      Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
        Are you meaning an obelisk frame? If so that's a spiffing good idea, I shall scour everyone's favourite marketplace right now.
        Sadly I can't find a good photo of mine. Right now its a bunch of dead twigs so not going to make a good photo either!!

Mine looks a bit like this

its got a rounded top, which I think may help a bit once top-growth gets up there, and is plain. Fancy ones exist, cost more!, and once clothed with leaf you can't see the metalwork anyway. They probably look a lot nicer in Winter when the plant loses its leaves though
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Yep obelisk, the one you describe sounds like the one I've spied online. Thanks for the info
          Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Found a picture ... managed to chop the "head" off though!! so its as good as useless, but having stumbled over it I thought I'd post it anyway ...

Plumbago capensis

Comment

Oh for a heated greenhouse or conservatory so I could grow Plumbago or Bougainvillea *sigh*

Comment

Mine survive "frost free", although I doubt there are many winters where it falls below 5C in the conservatory

Dunno if that helps at all though ...

Comment

Frost free mmmm - does it help? not much but thank you anyway

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X