• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kier View Post
    hoping I can use it as a back link to be more visable to search engines
    Usually forums generate links with the

rel="nofollow"

hint, which means that even if you put a link in a message, signature, whatever on a forum then the search engines won't follow it. Its to stop spammers thinking they can get a free ride and, hopefully, to reduce the amount of spam that MODs have to deal with.

Still get spam of course ...maybe Not A Lot Of People Know That!! or maybe this site doesn't have the NOFOLLOW hint.

That's not to say that a search engine WON'T follow the link, but the hint is clearly there to warn it not to ..
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Yeah, here's the code for the link to my blog cut & pasted from the source for this page:

<a href="http://kgarden.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow">Visit Homepage</a>
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
        Thanks just been aloud to update my profile now
        which brings me to a question can put my buisness url on my signature or whatever its called im not wanting to advertise but hoping I can use it as a back link to be more visable to search engines
        I grow xmas trees and wouldnt advertise on here

meant to link this to Nicos
        No unpaid advertising is allowed on this site - either in the signature or as a Homepage. Its in the conditions that you agreed to when joining this forum http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post586288

13.1 No advertising or promoting. Links to products and services are acceptable only in context (response to a post) and only when no alternative wording is available. Users are never permitted to promote their own services or products. Nor are users permitted to promote third party services or products in exchange for money, gifts, aid or other benefits for themselves, their family or others.

Please delete your Homepage - or it will be deleted.
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 08-01-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          No unpaid advertising is allowed on this site - either in the signature or as a Homepage. Its in the conditions that you agreed to when joining this forum http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post586288

13.1 No advertising or promoting. Links to products and services are acceptable only in context (response to a post) and only when no alternative wording is available. Users are never permitted to promote their own services or products. Nor are users permitted to promote third party services or products in exchange for money, gifts, aid or other benefits for themselves, their family or others.

Please delete your Homepage - or it will be deleted.
          done, sorry

Comment

Thank you, Kier

Comment

I'm interested in unusual plums and have eaten pluots and apriums from street markets in California, a novelty but not as delicious as, say, a greengage. I have planted half a dozen various hybrid plum/apricot crosses over the past six years - they have been slow in coming into fruit in my orchard, I had a couple last year but they weren't much different from a Victoria plum. Fruits are rarely at their best the first year though, so I'll wait a few more seasons before really judging them.
              I was told when I first planted a pluot that it would need a japanese plum close by as an early flowering pollinator. That pluot died in its first year but the Satsuma plum I planted nearby at the same time is now a medium sized tree with a large crop every year of delicious, very early plums

Comment

Thanks for the infomation, looks like I have to wait a long time, especialy as the tree from pomona has not arrived yet , only been 5 days though

Comment

Pluots(Flavour King) are certainly hardy in Glasgow having sailed through the hardest Winter and Spring in living memory. They must also be the earliest stone fruit to flower and come into leaf. In Glasgow, they were flowering at the same time as Blackthorn and two weeks before the plums. If frost is forecast, consider covering overnight with fleece to prevent frost damage to the flowers. Always covered in blossom, but rather shy in fruiting. Very vigorous.

As pluots appear to be only partially self-fertile, a plum flowering at the same time might aid pollination of the pluot, but there is likely to be very little overlap of the flowering period for pluot and plum. As there are unlikely to be any bees about, some hand pollination would be advisable to increase the setting of the fruit.

Pluots will ripen mid-August in Glasgow, so possibly earlier in the South of the UK. The individual fruits are about 4.5 cm in diameter, heart shaped with deep reddish-purple skin and flesh. The intense taste is a very sweet combination of plum with a hint of apricot.

Comment

My japanese plum Satsuma is beginning to flower now, last year it carried on till the end of April, a little blossom at any time.

Comment

Maybe I should get a Japanese plum to improve crop yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X