Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pear tree ... What disease is that on leaf???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Fishpond for posting pics

Thats exactly how the leaves looked like.

I found on internet that sone one used Alaskan Fish Fertiliser as Foliar spray on blister mites and it all gone and leave became all healthy and green...

My leaves are kinf of light green to pale... I have ordered the Fish fertiliser and going to try it as foliar spray..

Havent tried the fungul spray yet tgat was I bought on garden centre advice.

It doesnt have Bordeoux... it had something called Butanil ..

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Originally posted by fishpond View Post
      MODS
      Would it be possible to move the entire thread to the fruit section?
      Pretty Please
      No problems, done
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

"My leaves are kind of light green to pale."
        Snap.
        Last edited by fishpond; 15-04-2014, 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
        Feed the soil, not the plants.
        (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
        Bob

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi
            Whatever you have used for phots doesn't focus very well.
            It could be my eyes. Just spent an hour on microscope, all I have seen reference black marks is dead tissue..
            I did put a leaf with 2 blisters in a bag, got indoors an hour later and no blisters.
            I will look for some more blistered leaves later.

Bob

Comment

Its not your eyes fishpond, the pic are not clear
              Just that I have removed the leaves and cant find any more with blister to take better pic...

Comment

I've got pear leaf blister mite on my lovely doyenne du comice. If the spots are bright pink to start with and then fade to brownish as the leaf gets older, that's them.

Spent an hour defoliating part of the tree.
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Hi Sparrow

Mine look exactly in the puc posted by fishpont in this thread

I have plugged off the effected leaves

Comment

Check this out

http://www.permies.com/t/8340/bugs/Pear-Blister-Mites

Comment

Do I need to remove the flowers from my almost 2 year old cordon tree ??

I dont want fruits this year, just a healthy tree.

Comment

Originally posted by PassionateButInexperience View Post
                        Hi

Also the leaves of all cordons are new but curled up... is that how they are suppose to be when new? old ones have opend up but few are curling up
                        I wouldn't be too worried about curled leaves at this stage of the season. I'd let them mature before removing them, if you feel this is really necessary. After all, the tree is trying to start up photosynthesis for the season! New leaves take many days to expand fully and mature (including a massive increase in cell volumes - like inflating a dingy) and become tougher propositions for pests as they do so. Most years the foliage on my Conference pear trees is far from perfect looking from spring to autumn, showing a variety of insect, fungal and wind damage, but the trees still crop well.
                        Last edited by boundtothesoil; 15-04-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I am going to remove the little blossom I have on that tree (didn't get any on it last year ) I think it needs all the help it can get, so by removing the few flowers it removes some of the stress from the tree and enables a little more energy into the leaves and growth.(that's my theory anyway).
                          I am also considering a high nitrogen foliar spray, but not sure if this would exaggerate the problem by making the leaves too soft.
                          There is also the possibility that by spraying the leaves with cooking oil, this would eventually suffocate any parasites/mites, but how would the tree breathe ?
                          What do you think?

Bob

Comment

Its not scientifically proven but i have read few recomendations online that strong smell and high amino acids in fish fertliser when used as Foliar spray gets rid of blister mites and worked well for few , also improved the colour and health of leaves due to high nitrogen.

I am going to do that today, foliar spray .

Vegetable oil is a good attempt but wont work now... it need to be used when fall starts and female mites go into dormancy and hide into the buds over the winter.

That is when you use oil (with little liquid soap, not detergent but soap) and spray every week.
                            That will prevent problem for next spring.

For now either 1/4 milk + little flour + liquid soap mixed with water as spray is one option

Other is found is fish fertliser foliar spray , which i opted for.

Gungers crossed..

Comment

Unless you have already done so, I wouldn't remove the blossom from your Comice as I do not think it will make any difference to the vigor of the tree.
                              It appears that Comice may be prone to it, as I went to look at a Victorian walled garden yesterday and out approx 50 different varieties and forms of Pear tree, The Comice was the only one showing any problems, it was a cordon against a brick wall and had a slight case of Blister Mite.
                              I have another problem with mine besides the Blister Mite, which could be a fungal infection--but that is a different story.
                              I would suggest you continued with your spray as it looks harmless enough to any possible pollinators and can do no harm to the tree.
                              I will concentrate on the fungal infection first, as I believe that has induced severe stress into the tree which opened it up to Leaf Mites, I also am at fault as I haven't been paying attention for a couple of years. Please let me know what you think and any results you get.
                              Last edited by fishpond; 18-04-2014, 07:49 AM.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by fishpond View Post
                                Hi
                                Whatever you have used for phots doesn't focus very well.
                                It could be my eyes. Just spent an hour on microscope, all I have seen reference black marks is dead tissue..
                                I did put a leaf with 2 blisters in a bag, got indoors an hour later and no blisters.
                                I will look for some more blistered leaves later.
                                Fishpond : Good news... All the blister mites gone on my pear tree and no curl leaves.
                                All leaves really healthy and shiny.

This is what I did
                                I called the best expert I ever came across ... my grandfather... he is famer by profession back in India...he never in his life used ant pesticide on fruits and veggies... he never had too..

I asked the secret and he said all the Neem trees ( Scintific name : Azaracta Indica) I see in front of every house in the village is not inly to make home remedies but all the leaves, bark and seeds of the tree goes into the compost.

Neem not only adds nitogen amd trace elements but is a great pest repellents.

So ...... I searched online and bought concentrated Neem oil and neem Shampoo

Neem Oil 500ml - Pure Cold Pressed Neem Oil Spray - PINK SUN Neem Control
                                PINK SUN (1)
                                +
                                Horticultural Gentle Liquid Soap 1L / 1000ml - Biodegradable and derived from plant oils - Use with PINK SUN Neem Oil

I mixed the Oil + soap + Fish fertiliser(for added notrogen for leaves to recover) into water and did two foliar spray in a weeks interval.
                                I literally drenched all the leaves upside and down..

Will post you pics tomm of the leaves and you will see...

I have sprayed it on everything now... grapes, apple, all berries, peach, plums..

Give it a try... it harmless

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X