X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh Manchester, yes lots of rain!

Found this link from an English nursery

Olive tree link

See the 'harvest time' picture at the bottom of the page - if you enlarge the picture the 'tree' doesn't look much bigger than yours!

Also the feed they're using is a seaweed-based one.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Thanks for the link it's really useful SBP. I think the problem is that they say to flower & fruit the tree should have 2 months of temps. below 10c in the winter so mine has probably been too warm.Killing it with kindness!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

my olive has got a pile of little flower buds

I think its about 3 years old so does this mean we're going to get some fruit, or are the flowers not guaranteed to fruit?

Comment

I bought a small standard olive last year from a car boot. I paid £10 for it. It had some small purple olives on it. Over the winter I put it on the patio ugainst the house wall where it would be a bit sheltered. I had read that a bit of frost will do them no harm .This year it is covered in flowers.I havent fed it with anything. I don't think I will get any fruit though as I think they need another one to pollenate.If anyone can put me right on this .........

It has two chances , up or down.

Comment

I've only got one, and it fruits each year. The olives are very small and I don't bother to do anything with them. I bought it about 3 years ago, it's planted in a pot with free draining gravelly soil. I left it outside all winter last year, and it didn't look too good, lost most of it's leaves and I wondered if the root ball had got frozen. Now it's shot out and it's covered with flowers, so they do seem pretty tough.
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X