Currants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonewaller View Post
    I also have a Baldwin currant ..... what should I do with it? .
    Presuming this is the Blackcurrant variety Baldwin, if it were mine, I'd get it into the ground now, and water it in well to establish good contact between your dry root system and the soil. Blackcurrants are coming into bud now (generally before redcurrants), and once the buds are swelling and the first leaves expanding, the plant needs to be able to take up water from the soil. I'd probably fleece it for a few days if I had some handy, but in my experience blackcurrants seem to be able to cope with a few degrees of frost, at least when in bud.
    Last edited by boundtothesoil; 30-03-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boundtothesoil View Post
      Presuming this is the Blackcurrant variety Baldwin, if it were mine, I'd get it into the ground now, and water it in well to establish good contact between your dry root system and the soil. Blackcurrants are coming into bud now (generally before redcurrants), and once the buds are swelling and the first leaves expanding, the plant needs to be able to take up water from the soil. I'd probably fleece it for a few days if I had some handy, but in my experience blackcurrants seem to be able to cope with a few degrees of frost, at least when in bud.
      Thanks. I put it in yesterday, hopefully it will do OK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X