Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you're making me wish I'd bought two

Comment

Remember all the palaver about where should I plant a peach tree? Well I've just bought another one An Amsden June white peach on Montclare rootstock. Peach Amsden June Blackmoor Nurseries
      Its been sitting in my Blackmoor's basket ever since I saw it on special offer for £6 but the postage cost put me off. However, when you order 2 tayberries and then throw in a couple of apple trees, the postage is insignificant.
      Where the heck am I going to plant this lot

Comment

dont trim the peach tree til its in full growth,cut back to 2 buds above the highest side branch and i shortened my side branches down to 3 buds,this gave me a good branch structure after triming the banches by half the second year,and last year,after making sure all the fruit were 4 or more inches apart we got 13 lovely tasting fruit,as FB stated,you need to build the branch setup first,and as we only paid £3 odd,we can afford to do it right,the red haven is a tasty peach...enjoy.....the local B & M store is now selling young trees (fruit) but at £3.99,but they are spindly, the aldi ones look better value but they do look really healthy,so i reckon they would produce....
        Last edited by BUFFS; 23-03-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Peach tree No 2 has been planted in the GH Had to cut the top off it to get it in. Hope it will be OK as its not the right time of year for pruning. I did apologise to it
          I'll thin out the branches come pruning time, meanwhile, I've tied some of them down to homegrown bamboo canes - just to give it an idea of what its supposed to do!
          I've put the cut off top into a pot - can you grow a peach tree from a cutting?
          Attached Files

Comment

hope mine will look as good as yours.
            Rita

Comment

Thanks rita Good luck with yours - may we both be eating peaches next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X