Dessert grapes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineberry View Post
    I can suggest Kodryanka as well, one of the best grapes ever for me anyway. It is moldovan variety and widely grown in Ukraine. my dad just brought me several cuttings, which we will try to root and hopefully I could offer for swap in a year or two some of it.
    Summers are much hotter and sunnier in Ukraine than England though, are you sure it would ripen? I suppose the best way to tell is to just grow it and find out.

Comment

No I am not, but i will give it a go.
      Kodryanka is an early ripening variety ( mid August), so possibly it will ripen later in here, if we get early spring and decent summer maybe even on time.
      it's worth to try.
      I checked the sunnybanksvines site varieties list they do have it on their list so maybe it's available to purchase in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineberry View Post
        No I am not, but i will give it a go.
        Kodryanka is an early ripening variety ( mid August), so possibly it will ripen later in here, if we get early spring and decent summer maybe even on time.
        it's worth to try.
        I checked the sunnybanksvines site varieties list they do have it on their list so maybe it's available to purchase in this country.
        Hmmm... Sunnybank have a lot of varieties from various collections, they typically sell varieties suited to the UK so they must think Kodrianka stands a chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          not sure if that is a serious question but here goes anyway.

Animals foraging on ripe fruit can become drunk after gorging themselves. It would probably dpend on how ripe the fruit is and on how much was consumed and also whetherthere were any natural yeasts present on the grapes or in the gut.
          Hmm... Thanks for the answer and I learned something today. God bless.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X