"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Or maybe a Mr Freeze
      Best wishes
      Andrewo
      Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

said plum is now leafing away happily - I now have a space for another tree about 40ft away, would this be close enough to pollinate the existing plum? the new tree would need to be a good looker, coz its right next to the drive...

Comment

it would FVV but there again so would one withing a bout 4 or 5 gardens ! They don't have to be close unles you've got lazy bee's
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Yes, plums get be spaced pretty far apart and will still pollinate, depending on bees/insects and prevailing wind direction.
            Best wishes
            Andrewo
            Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Hi I', new so apolagies if this has already been asked... I have an old plum tree in my garden that i inherited when i moved in 8 uyears ago. It is about 15 feet high. Last year a friend pruned it for me and said it was a weeping tree. I think the plums are victoria. It gives good friut every year but has got less over the years and this year has got a lot of dead wood on it. What can i do for it and what causes it? Also a few years ago i stuck a seedling in the ground and that has taken off this year and has at 1 plum on it that i can see! how do i care for this one?
              Last edited by country girl; 15-06-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I'm generally quite succesful in the garden but seems plum trees are not for me. I had a Victoria plum which made 1 plum after 10 years. Unfortunately that plum blew away in a storm. After that the whole thing became firewood and the ash went on the compost heap ! Sad, But it just wasn't earning its space in any way.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X