Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do raspberry bushes take well to being moved?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well you can TRY the sunken pot idea ... my raspberries are sprouting all over the place through root spread ... most of the roots are only 3-4 inches below the soil ... but it looks like they've spread under a path too, which is 6in of concrete on top of 6in of stone .... so make sure the pot is quite deep ...
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Farmer Gyles............I'm not feeling too excited about this now.

Tell me currants aren't as feral as bleck&raspberries, please. Before I put them in.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Why not have a word with your weeds inspector - for advice. He'll know what's not a good idea to introduce into your area.

My raspberries have never done very well- until I moved them to a spot with less tree shade and were more mulched.
        I think because the roots are shallow they don't like the soil too dry. They still fruited but not as well as they have this year. How dry is your land normally? ...maybe a drier soil will help contain them a bit?

I'm no fruit expert, but I would try them in tubs and mulch them well.

...but get the OK from the weds guy first- he should do his homework on your behalf!
        Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2012, 02:57 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh- and yup- my currants haven't done well either cos of the heat/dryness in previous summers.( this is the best year yet for my fruit bushes- they are loving all this rain!)
          I'm sure you'd be OK with those too!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The weeds inspector is not particularly taken with learning about things. He's rather fond of weedspray and hasn't much interest in anything else.
            Might have to move my lazy self and find some aussie sites and see if they are whinging about raspberries going feral. We normally have very dry weather but you know we've had twice the amount of rain this year than what we had last year. And I think that last year we had more rain than we have had in the whole 8 years down here.
            It's really that I prefer berries to currants any day of the week.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X