X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    SWMBO is also on there FB & is also a Biomedical Scientist

Yes, my SWMBO is also on there.

However, although I am on the register, I have since chosen to move on to other things which I enjoy more. I will shortly be requesting removal from the register, as I don't see myself going back.
    I enjoyed the work and doing some good by identifying people's problems (including participating in the on-call/emergency service at night), but I hated the watering-down on new staff's training and qualification requirements, and the bureacracy which gradually crept in during the last government's term in office.
    But that's a subject for discussion on another board at another time.

Comment

Yep,it's all internal politics now mine will likely get forced into early retirement,they are having a reshuffle of the path' labs around here with some departments being closed down.
      Anyhoo,lets stay cheery onwards & upwards as they say she likes the idea of working on the local mobile library as next career path.

Job satisfaction is important so enjoy your new vocation bud,whatsoever it may be
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Have a search for home tissue culture groups, there are also good instruction videos on youtube

You need to make some simple equipment like a glovebox to keep the germs out, no antibiotics or that are added so things can get mouldy if anything is contaminated

Theres a good book , `plants from test tubes` as well , its good but a bit more complex

The medium is agar, everything is sterilised with milton fluid or sodium hypochlorite , there are basic nutrients added ( and for some plants complex mixtures ) , you can buy the mutrients called `MS medium` , i use `murashige and skoog basal medium with gamborg vitamins` from aldrich chemicals ( but you need a company account to buy from them , you can get it from home tissue culture suppliers on the net

The medium also contains the required mix of hormones, you need to add different blends for different stages, things like cytokinin and indole acetic acid

its all explained in many youtube videos , search home tissue culture

Its great fun, i was doing it for a couple of years and will start again when i get set up in Bulgaria so i have the space

I now make rooting gel pots for myself, you use the agar, with indole acetic acid ( rooting powder concentrate ) , a bit of sugar for nutrient and use it to make rooting jelly pots like they sell in diy stores
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X