Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netted and ready to pick at end of week cant tell you more till tasted them

Comment

Mixed so far...some have been very tasty and some relatively tasteless..all from the same line of canes....can't blame the slugs for that I suppose...
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Thanks Kestrel! I've picked a dish full today and they'll be fine with tomorrow's breakfast. Just a few days of sunshine, that's all they need
        Glad you are getting some, VC.
        Where there's muck, there's brassicas

Comment

Picked a large bowlful yesterday and the same of loganberries. Cooked both together before the razzers went mouldy Delicious

Comment

Finest taste of all the summer fruit if you ask me (you didn't, but I'm going to tel you anyway...) My top 5 would be
            1. Raspberries
            2. Blackcurrants
            3. Cherries (do tree fruits count?)
            4. Redcurrants
            5. Gooseberries
            Where there's muck, there's brassicas

Comment

No you didn't but I'm happy to listen!
              1. Raspberries,
              2. Strawberries
              3. Cherries
              4. Loganberries
              5. Blackcurrants

Comment

our berries are just about to start to colour up,so as we have not had as much rain as some,we should still have some flavour in them as the canes are really loaded with fruit,just wish we could get some sunshine for a change ,but when you see what some people are enduring, with all the floods ,im not going to fret too much,just fingers crossed for next year...

Comment

Just picked my first ripe ones of the year. They were worth getting wet for

Comment

raspberries are surprisingly lovely considering all the rain up here, but mine have some shelter from trees and bushes surrounding them. Today was a beautifully hot, sunny, Summer's day so picked a few for me and loads more coming for colleagues at work
                    Last edited by GardenFaery; 07-07-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

no raspberries at all, but Fantastic strawberries, 2 kilos so far and still loads to come.

Comment

Raspberries; (summer) crap and rotting on the bush. Fingers crossed for the autumns.

Loganberry; crap destroyed "overnight" by black fly.

Pears; non existent all fell off in April when the weather went screwy the first time.

Plums; see pears.

Apples; just didn't happen, two out of three had no blossom at all, the third is dropping the few fruit it had, no bigger than a golf ball.

Apricot; no more than ten fruits on the tree, again failed to blossom in the screwed up spring weather.

Strawberries; those that the birds didn't get first have rotted on the bush before ripening.

Grapes however, at the mo', are looking pretty good, that of course will change in the middle of next week when we have a heat wave and everything will go nuts and fall off because "it's summer".

The grass is greener (on my side) and the frog has never looked happier, and we do this for fun, role on 2013!
                        Last edited by Graham K; 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

My All Gold Autumn raspberries are ripening up now, and they're tasty as usual.. Loosing a lot due to rot though, which I'm guessing is down to the rain. The chickens are enjoying the ones that are dropping though.

Comment

first few pickings weren't too bad - but now they seem tasteless, definitely not the luscious raspberry flavour of last years. They are just about over, not worth picking the rest.

Comment

I've been giving my chickens mine (as of late, they're all "past" it already) :/
                              Last edited by chris; 24-07-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

The dogs eat mine!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X