Help! My lemons keep falling off!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My lemons keep falling off!

Can anyone help? A friedn gave me a magnificent lemon tree about 2 foot high. It blooms freely but all the fruit turns black and drops off when its wee. What can I do to prevent this? Its on my kitchen window sill.....

Erm - move to Spain?

Comment

Could it be that the blossom aren't being pollinated ? I move the memsahibs lemon tree outdoors as often as I can so it gets a good soaking from the rain and a good blow from the wind. Two yellers, three greens and about ten blossoms.

Is it in the correct compost and are you feeding it citrus plant food?

Cheers, Tony.
      Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

Its normal for lots of fruit to fall, 99.9% will fall , try pollinating the flowers i do this sometimes and more fruit stays its not normally necessary to pollinate by hand

Outside during the summer is good as in higher humidity less fruit falls , dont put lemon trees outside until the middle/end june though

Try misting the plant with water a few times a day ( leave water in open container overnight before using to remove chlorine )
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

I will try all suggestions so far. I'm having problems posting (apparently my messages are less than 10 characters).
          Thanks,
          Jess

Originally posted by starloc View Post
          Its normal for lots of fruit to fall, 99.9% will fall , try pollinating the flowers i do this sometimes and more fruit stays its not normally necessary to pollinate by hand

Outside during the summer is good as in higher humidity less fruit falls , dont put lemon trees outside until the middle/end june though

Try misting the plant with water a few times a day ( leave water in open container overnight before using to remove chlorine )
          Last edited by jessmorris; 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Hi Tony, thanks for your message. I'll try it oitside when it warms up a bit.
            JM

Originally posted by Kleftiwallah View Post
            Could it be that the blossom aren't being pollinated ? I move the memsahibs lemon tree outdoors as often as I can so it gets a good soaking from the rain and a good blow from the wind. Two yellers, three greens and about ten blossoms.

Is it in the correct compost and are you feeding it citrus plant food?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X