No announcement yet.

Kiwiberry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agroforestry research trust - LOADS of varieties but all sold out for this season
    ART Plant list and order form

Comment

Originally posted by sugar View Post
      If you don't prune it correctly, you will probably need some additional years for fruit... I would hold on one or two years. Check out for flowers this year (male/female)...
      I normally get some fruit setting but they never seem to get very big, it does seem to have finally got established this year so fingers crossed

Comment

I have a tiny seedling They've been in the cold greenhouse for months, mostly ignored but today, fresh green shoots! I'm a Happy little chicken
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM. Reason: Only one seedling!!

Comment

Congratulations VC, when did you plant them? How strange to appear today, is this the first of your 52 weeks, grow a kiwiberry?
          Last edited by Moopmoop; 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM.
          Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Back last spring sometime. TBH, I think they went mouldy in the punnet before I got round to it I sowed blueberries at the same time but they haven't done anything yet. Maybe next week

Comment

Did you do any weird things to the blueberry seeds before you sowed them, I've read loads saying that they need cold stratification? I haven't got the patience for anything like that. I do have 3 blueberry bushes but I cheated and bought them. They weren't very expensive, all on offer about a fiver each. Have you got your's in thingy compost or not, ericaceous compost? Mine are, it says you're supposed to and I didn't wanna kill mine so followed rules for once
              Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

I have several blueberry bushes, Moop, they're not in special compost just planted out in the garden but my soil is good for growing camellias so it should suit blueberries too.
                Whether I should have given the blueberries special treatment - probably- but I'm a bit lazy about that - especially when I bought them for eating rather then sowing!
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Here's the baby kiwiberry (unless its a weed?)
                  Attached Files

Comment

^^^^^ It was a weed I hope these are the real things
                    Attached Files

Comment

I bought a 'cocktail kiwi' from suttons as part of the james wong range. Still waiting for it to arrive so not expecting anything too spectacular.
                      The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                      William M. Davies

Comment

Can you post a photo when it arrives please - with progress reports

Comment

These are going berserk now. Lots of seedlings popping out of the compost. I'm going to split them soon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They're galloping away in true Kiwi fashion Hope I don't have some more thugs on my hands
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Looks as if you'll be able to cover South Wales with that lot. Hope they don't find the Severn Bridge!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X