No announcement yet.

Cranberries & blueberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueberies in growth appear to be similar to blackcurrants which root from cuttings very easily, I would have thought this would be the easiest method of increasing your stock?

Also, as quite a few branches are low down this makes layering another viable alternative to seed. I layer gooseberries and just stick branches of blackcurrants in garden where they root easily.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Cranberry update. Following discussions with my partner in cranberry experiments ^^^^^ I have sown the seeds that had been chilling in the fridge since Chr ***mad. Also a couple of intact cranberries to see whether there is any difference in germination. They're indoors at the mo.
      Any signs of germination?

Comment

One teeny little green shoot emerged yesterday I'm just hoping it is cranberry and not some other random seed that I may have been playing with that day If more come up I'll be more confident!

Comment

YAY!!!

I have six teeny tiny cranberry seedlings
          My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Excellent Ananke!! I have a couple of seeds on the surface that appear to have teeny little shoots emerging so I think we can say they take 2-3 weeks to germinate
            I wonder how long they'll take before they look like a proper seedling?

Comment

I'm dead chuffed with my lemon seedlings too, the leaves are so glossy and healthy looking (no doubt i'll put a stop to that when I forget to water them :0 ) I'll get pics of both tomorrow if I remember
              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lots of little cranberry seedlings popping up today
                How are yours Ananke?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X