No announcement yet.

GOJI Berry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A word of warning on these, the new shoots that the root (not tuber as I said before - thanks leona for the correction) produces after planting are very green and tender and the local slug population is very fond of. If you have planted yours in a pot or in the ground get you defenses at the ready or yours will be stripped over night.
    --
    http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

Comment

Too true.. my slugs thought it was Christmas.

Comment

I take back the carboard remark, after having a few proper handfuls I think I'm addicted as well, the more you eat the better they taste lol. I only ever had a few before lol.

Comment

I cannot give any advice on growing the bush. Had some berrys though not bad and good look

Comment

Well I bought the plants from M & T and they have finally arrived but look dead, except for very tiny green shoot appearing at the base! They are in pots so will have to put slug pellets on before I go to bed. Looked on the ebay and £30. for seeds is what I paid for 3 goji, 3 blueberry and a seed germinator. Who's got the best deal?
            Derbyshire born Derbyshire bred & I'm not thick int'arm ort'ead!

Comment

Don't worry .. the small shoots grow quite quickly...(even after slug attacks. My largest plant (grown from seed this year) is 20 cms tall. My smallest 4 cms - after slug attack. Most are at 10-12 cms...

If we had some warm dry weather:-(

Comment

Hi
                So far, finger's crossed etc, the goji berry plants are one of the few things the slugs haven't had a go at. I was surprised how quickly the "sticks" supplied by T & M turned into plants, sprouting leaves at every joint.
                best wishes
                Sue

Comment

Guess what my gojis are showing signs of life! Oh yes, no longer dead twigs but dead twigs with lots of little green shoots. Very excited, note to diary must get out more! Stick with it and keep the goji line open.

Comment

Mine has been stripped by slug attack twice, lost the slug defence to the rain so have a new attack plan. Used a spare piece of copper pipe and bent it around the plant (used this to great effect to keep them off other things) and added garlic granules around the plant as a present for any slugs attacking from underground. If all else fails I'll dig it up and put it in a pot with some copper tape, I'll win this fight one way or another !!
                    --
                    http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

Comment

I've put mine in the cold frame with the roof half open. At least they will not be perpetually wetted by rain....

The one savaged by slugs is in the greenhouse - which is full or slowly ripening tomatoes ...

Comment

Oh boy the goji line is going well! Mine are in ericasious compost in pots and are the most spoilt brats I have ever had to cope with! The only thing I'm not doing is reading a bedtime story! I'm waiting for those nice young men in clean white coats as we speak!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X