Passion fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
    I don't know if it is the same type but I have (what I thought was an ornamental) passionflower plant. Last year it produced fruit! - little orange balls about cape goosegog size.

I was too afraid to eat them It died down last year and I thought I'd lost it but this year it is back so mine certainly survived the winter. It is outside in a sort of raised bed with "normal" compost against a south facing stone wall. Mine isn't in a greenhouse and doesn't have any attention other than a watering in hot weather.

Don't know if it helps because, as I said, I'm not sure if it is from edible stock but for what it's worth, this is my tenpenuth

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
    They are so lovely!! I have some seeds but have never had a chance to grow them.....I'm inspired now though!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinRSharpe View Post
      Not sure any variety of Passion Fruit should be talking to you
      And why shouldn't it be talking to me Martin? It's very passionate about last years growth

Need to work out the best spot for the thing now. Hmmm
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X