No announcement yet.

Thinning Strawberrys

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only got 12 plants so I'm just a bit jealous of your pile of yum looking strawbs.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 30-06-2011, 03:43 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thats only a 5th of what I have had this year and there is still more for the picking. Might expand the patch next year!!!

Comment

To be honest you don't necessarily get more fruits for more plants if they are too crowded. I've had about 4lb every few days for a few weeks now from 24 plants and must admit I'm actually getting a bit fed up with strawberries now although I did swap some for eggs the other day which was good. Have now got another 12 plants of a later variety starting to fruit so am in danger of supplying half the north west with strawberries. Have made 15lb of jam, eaten loads raw, dried loads for winter use, made fruit leather and strawberry and orange curd. Oh yes and strawberry vodka. Also bottled some as an experiment and have another 3lb in the freezer in case I run out of jam..............................

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X