strawberry plant, leaves curled up and break like dry paper

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Firstly - it's a strawberry. Get it outside!
    Wot Zaz said! Hope you get a good recovery, good luck.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Does it look yellow, or is it just my screen? It needs to be in the light, even a windowsill probably won't be light enough at this time of year
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I think you're killing it with kindness!!!

To me it looks like it's overwatered-the soil looks very fibrous and water retentive.
        (Plus- I too wondered about spidermite )

It needs to go out ( we're all presuming here it's indoors)-as the others have said, but let it dry out a bit first or it may rot.
        The frosty season hasn't gone yet so just cover it for the first week at night if it's going to be frosty.The outer leaves will probably die back.

I left a bag of runners and bare rooted strawberries in a plastic back all winter a couple of years ago ( by mistake) and was shocked/utterly astounded to see most of them had survived. They'd been frosted down to -10C at least!!!!

All is not lost
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Cut it right back and plant it outside. What sort of strawb is it?

Comment

Not sure if this helps but mine have been outside since last year, the dead leaves are removed & let nature take it's course. Being from the same part of the world, I thought it may help you decide what to do.
            Attached Files
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Not sure if this helps but mine have been outside since last year, the dead leaves are removed & let nature take it's course. Being from the same part of the world, I thought it may help you decide what to do.
              well this is one of a large number of strawberries i have. looked a bit sick a few weeks ago so i brought it inside, and then this happened. it's ok, no real loss i'll just destroy it to save infecting any others =)

Comment

Destroyed the plant, seemed a bit far gone to save. Stop's a major infection then

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X