Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miving raspberry and blackcurrent bush

Hi peeps,
    i'm after some advice on moving my fruit bushes. i have several blackcurrent bushes and about 12 raspberry bushes on my allotment, but i want to move them to another part. i inherited all the fruit bushes from the previous plot holder and they are randomly placed and in the way.

i have a big patch where some tatties are growing, which i'll be digging up nxt weekend abd i want to turn this into my fruit bed.

whats the best way to go about moving the bushes, should i wait for a certain time of the year, the blackcurrents have finishd fruiting and the raspberries still have lots of fruit on. should i add anyhing to the ground before moving the bushes.

sorry for all the Q's any help would be greatly appreciated as i haven't a clue! dont want the bushes to die!

many ta's

sophie.x
    sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Get your new bed ready and prepared (you can fork in well rotted manure if you have any). Then you can move your blackcurrants straight away. Dig them up with as much root as possible and pop them straight into their new quarters. As for the raspberries I would wait until they have finished fruiting. September/October is a good time for planting or transplanting any fruit bushes.

Comment

I moved all my fruit bushes (blackcurrants & rasps) last October, and they've all settled in really well.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

thankyou both.

sounds easy, the hardest bit will be extending their new home, all that digging with my newly acquired back ache!

still, i feel more confident that they wont die.

can i take cuttings too? it would be nice to have more blackcurrent bushes

sophie.x
        sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X