Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grape vine

hi all
    bought gardening answers yesterday and it has a good article on pruning fruit trees/vines. it said to prune the vine now so that on every stem with a bunch of grapes you leave 4 sets of leaves after grapes and cut rest off. this helps with the air circulating and reduces the chance of mildew on plant and fruit apparently. so, taking a deep breath i did just that and now i am worried i will have killed my lovely grape vine!! can someone please tell me i have done the right thing
    xxxmillyxxx
    The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Grape vines are amazingly tough.
    I think that you'd struggle to kill one, even if you tried.

Comment

I would agree. I don't think there is a worry that you have killed.
      My 3D Pumpkin Carvings
      https://www.facebook.com/totallypumpkins

2014 Giant Pumpkin Diary
      http://www.bigpumpkins.com/Diary/Dia...51148&action=L

Comment

thank you both! i never actually thought it would fruit and would hate to kill it now it has!!!
        The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Comment

I did that a couple of weeks ago, probably a little more off even - it's planted along a path and you couldn't get past or the wondering branches. It's doing fine and the grapes are starting to swell

Comment

thanks Tamsin, I feel better about it now! I did speak to the vine and reassure it that it wasn't going to hurt so maybe I'll be ok -OH thinks i've gone stark raving mad talking to a vine like that lol!

- Alfred Austin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X