No announcement yet.

Ants on my strawberrys

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw an ant marching towards one of my strawberries today, I put a few drops of peppermint essential oil around it and it ran off (quite literally and at quite a speed! ) and I haven't seen any other ants nearby....

Comment

Ants don't eat strawberries, but they might be feeding on the juice from a wound. The holes are almost certainly slugs (or birds if the plants are not netted). The slug nematodes are brilliant - treat anything in the garden that gets atacked, whether it's veg or ornamentals. Totally safe, one application lasts at least six weeks. Widely available mail order, try Gardening Naturally, Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables they provide a good service.

Comment

thanks for all of your advice mike abel i totally forgot about gardening natually ive used them before Thay were all netted but most of them are in pots now but got the big ones from last year still in strawberry bed

Comment

Get a tube of Nippon ant killer liquid. This is a sweet toxic nectar to the ants, that will attract them rather than your strawberries. Put some on flat plastic or a large stone near your strawberries. They will happily lap up the liquid and take it back to their nest, and it should see off all of them within 7 days.

Comment

Did you try Neem spray..that might keep them away.
            Grow Cotton in your backyard - for Science, Fun and Education!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X