blueberries.!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew0109 View Post
    now its quite big and iv got loads of small blueberrys on it i have to wait for them to grow as there still buds at the moment and i thought blueberry plants grew flowers then blueberries but this hasnt got any flowers it has leaves and small buds so im not complainging
    BTW those "buds" are flower buds. not baby "blueberries". Whatever the plant is, you don't have fruit until you've first had flowers. Once those flower buds open, we'll have a better idea what sort of fruit you have there. Sorry if this is a disappointment! Do you still have the label that came with the plant?

Comment

i brought my blueberry plant from homebase there was a shelf full of them and on the box said it was a blueberry plant, but i admit it looks totaly different from normal looking blueberry plant its never had flowers growing on it. I will take more pics of it tom and see what it is ohh i brought another blueberry plant that looks normal with flower buds now im worried the othe plant isnt a blueberry

Comment

So after the flowers burst open when can i expect blueberries or whatever it is? also once the flowers are open how can i tell what it is based on what the flowers look loke

Comment

Have a look at Google images for Blueberry flowers, like small pinkywhite bells. Then look at raspberry flowers and you'll find that they are white and more open with distinct petals. The leaves are also completely different. I'm not saying that your plant is a raspberry but most of that family have a similar flower structure.

Comment

iv done some research and its defo a raspberry plant as i brought a raspberry plant and a blueberry plant but i killed one of them by mistake and thought that was the bb one oopps

Comment

Problem solved?

Comment

Can I ask why you remove the old bark mulch? I thought they'd degrade into the soil.

Comment

iv done some research and its defo a raspberry plant as i brought a raspberry plant and a blueberry plant but i killed one of them by mistake and thought that was the bb one oopps
                  What are you like...........
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I brought my first blueberry plant ...can anyone tell me ...what type it is
                    "Yep, it's a raspberry"

That's so funny, you made my day
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I understand it all now. Andrew works for GYO mag. His job is to infiltrate the Forum and ask challenging questions and see what sort of advice is offered in return.
                      In other words Andrew is a "plant" - but is he a raspberry, blueberry or a tomato?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X