No announcement yet.

Is anyone growing a Goji Berry bush?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This still grows wild on one or two places along the river Hull.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I got one from lidl too last year, which went crazy in the pot, then all the leaves died back. It has come back really strong, I thought it had died! It hasn't flowered yet, maybe next year?? I snapped a bit off last year and popped it in a pot and it took real well, I'll plant that out when it is a bit bigger (If I like them, will try them first )

Comment

Chap next door gave me two. I don't actually like them but they were grown from seed and a present. I thought they'd pegged out over the winter but they are bouncing back.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My two year old bushes - grown from seed- have survived our winter. Lowest temperature was -19C and we have had LOTs of snow and rain.

They are in a well drained bank. No fruit yet.

Bought a B&M one for £1.50 so race to see which fruits first..

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jackson View Post
            Mine's about 2 years old now and loses its leaves every winter. I'm fairly sure the wild plants down the road from me lost all their leaves too.

Mrs J
            Hi Mrs Jackson / and all Goji Plant growers

Any chance of me grabbing a few cuttings from the wild ones down the road from you, or indeed if anyone knows of wild locations for Duke of Argyll’s tea-tree / Goji / Lycium barbarum, in bedfordshire, buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire.

Or if you grow them yourself i would be extremely happy if anyone can send me some cuttings, I am studying the plant and have some tiny seedlings in a propagator but am interested in cuttings from the mature plants, as they stay a clone of the parent plant as a cutting, and as a seedling are going to take longer to establish, and maybe not fruit at all.

Tim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X