Raspberrys, autumn+summer fruiting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberrys, autumn+summer fruiting

I planted loads of raspberrys last year, and they all got mixed up, i had all types seperated but didnt know which was which variety....so im still not exactly sure whats what in the pots!

I found the yellow fallgold ones, that was easy, 2 types didnt fruit, so they must be the summer fruiting ones, and the 4th type i had mixed up were autumn bliss i found one lot were red ones had fruit last august to december

I labeled them up so i cound find them...but didnt cut them back at all.

In the snow at the start of february the yellow ones flowered the flowers died with the frost, last week the autumn bliss are now flowering and the fallgold are flowering again today , on the canes from last year, the new canes are all growing well

I know you can leave them and they become summer flowering, but surely this is too early, they were fruiting in december?

reading on the net ive seen people say they cut them back after 2nd fruiting in the summer , to stop the plant getting tired and get 2 crops a year summer and autumn, has anyone here tried this and got fruit 2 times should i just leave all the canes for good, will they fruit a third time ?
    Last edited by starloc; 15-04-2010, 01:22 PM.
    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X