No announcement yet.

Which self fertile eating apple to buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which self fertile eating apple to buy?

I fancy an apple tree to plant in a large pot in my allotmrent. I would like it to be self fertile as there are no other apple trees around and I only want one!

I like the taste of Cox's and Russets so a similar tasting apple would be ideal, but anything interesting would do !

I could of googled this question but would prefer personal recommendation from some of the grapes, if possible!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

There is a self fertile Cox clone around Snadger try Dobies or Marshalls catalogues.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Have a look on the Ken Muir site - they have a pretty good selection and the info is very easy to follow.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Why not try one of the three varieties gravfted on to the one tree. I know someone who bought one of these and it grew quickly to a nice small tree size and produced loads of fruit. Nice to get three types of fruit off the one tree.

Comment

I was looking at the Ken Muir book last night and they had a couple of nice looking self fertile apple varieties. I'm interested in these also cos I don't think the budget will stretch to two trees just yet
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Queen Cox is a good variety and is self fertile. I always get a good crop off mine.
            Best wishes
            Andrewo
            Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X