Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best strawberry I have tasted so far.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Mashmello and like the flavour and get a good crop from them. I believe that there is a new improved marsh??? either just out or due to come out. Will definitely be trying it.

Ian

Comment

Well even though ours (Storm & I's) strawberry plants were only planted last year, they established very quickly and threw out so many runners couldn't stop them, so we didn't bother in the end. We ended up with 100's of plants, plenty to share with other people and replace our current bed. I am sure we were supposed to remove the runners but its not made a jot of difference in all honesty, we have loads of the most delicious fruit and enough plants to cover the village in strawberries (almost!) We are growing honeyeo, Cambridge favorite, symphony and one other that I can't remember. The honeyeos are absolutely fantastic, big sweet delicious fruit. My favorite by miles.
      We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
      Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

I grow my strawberries in window boxes in the sun where they do quite well. The variety I've stuck to over the years is Cambridge Vigour, which fruits from early to mid June. Very tangy, juicy and sweet berries if left to ripen enough. The first berriy on each truss is big and unconventionally shaped.

http://tinyurl.com/nzlahp

I've tried Aromel but it was a long time ago, and only remember that it cropped twice in a year, but wasn't that impressed with the flavour at the time. I've also tried Red Gauntlet, whose berries looked good, but the flavour was very bland.
        Last edited by bendipa; 13-06-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

i had my first strawberry on friday, it was absolutely delish!!.. shared it between myself, my partner and my next door neighbour (who now has strawberry envy)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X