My Orange Tree.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Orange Tree.

About 15 months ago I 'rescued' 2 trees, an orange and a lemon. Both were looking a bit bedraggled, snapped twigs, wilting leaves etc, and neither was bigger than 4 inches. I removed everything that didn't look healthy, potted them on into some John Innes number 2, watered them when they looked dry, and pretty much left them to it. They grew away really fast, then about a month ago the orange started to produce buds and today the first flower has opened. The scent is glorious, I could smell it as soon as I walked into the greenhouse this evening, even though the ventilation and door have been wide open all day. But, what does the scent remind me of? I know it's something to do with my Nan because her house was the first thing I thought of when I sniffed it, but she never had a citrus tree so it must have been in a perfume or a polish or something.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

I think all citrus flowers smell like soap, and there so powerfull, i can smell if i have one flower in the room somewere , the trees outside you can smell them down the road , it smells like a soap factory
    Last edited by starloc; 29-05-2009, 08:10 PM.
    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Originally posted by starloc View Post
      I think all citrus flowers smell like soap, and there so powerfull, i can smell if i have one flower in the room somewere , the trees outside you can smell them down the road , it smells like a soap factory
      You might be right, an old lady soap.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X