Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next...

Hi,

First post but have been reading these forums off and on over the years having tried growing various types of flowers, shrubs, strawberries, chilli's and herbs.

My favourite plant is my grape vine. It was bought around 4 or 5 years ago as a dormant 'twig' from Woolworths (remember them? ) and is planted and trained against a south-east facing fence and gets full sun from around 10am through to 5pm. It fruited 3 or 4 bunches two years ago... the birds ate them. It fruited again last year but about ten-fold on the previous year... the birds ate them too. sigh... i am not all that bothered about the birds eating the fruit to be honest. i just like the fact that it does fruit so i must be doing something right.

but anyway...

I am now wondering what to plant against the fence on the opposite side of the garden. It gets full sun from around midday to around 9pm. I was thinking of another grape vine... perhaps a red grape.... but thought i'd ask your opinions first.

Is there anything you'd recommend growing against this fence?

My main concern is covering the fence. I could easily just whack in a clematis but i like my grapevine so much and enjoy the fact it produces something i'd like to plant something else that yields.
    Last edited by Lodainn; 24-05-2009, 02:21 PM.

Hello Lodainn.

Welcome to the vine. I think that as you have had success with one vine you could plant another as you suggest. How about covering some of the bunches for YOU. Seems a shame to let them all go to the birds.
    Last edited by roitelet; 24-05-2009, 06:28 PM.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

thought of kiwi's??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X