No announcement yet.

Lychee

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they do that. I've just put mine in the compost bin and vowed never to try again.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Eating my lychees and got to thinking of maybe just growing my own tree which lead me to here. was feeling fairly positive about it untill i reached the end of the comments. I know no one has touched on this post in quite a while but if any of you are still growing them is it worth my while trying? Can you really not get fruit from them if you grow them in the UK?

Comment

I had thrown some seeds into my compost heap two months back, 4 weeks later I noticed they had sprouted! Transferred them into pots in the greenhouse and they are now 12" tall! I've just looked back into the compost bin and I've got another 3 sprouting about 1" tall.

Comment

Lesley Jay wrote:
          It sounds like too much water - that can turn the edges of the leaves brown. In the winter which is the rest period for lychee the soil should be allowed to go dust dry before watering and when the growth begins in spring you should feed it every week.

yes, I agree..Because when winter seasons come the soil must be dry but wow you're great you grow a lychee in Uk, amazing
          Last edited by simongrow778; 28-06-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Ah, like the op, I used to try growing Mango tree's (I have a post on here somewhere), but they only get to a certain height, then stop !
            So do orange, tangerine pips etc.
            They all start off well, then just stop.
            The best Mango I had grew to about 16" high, with gorgeous leathery green leaves.
            I've given up on them, but just bought a few fresh lychee's, hence my seeing this post.

I have a small electric propagator, so was wondering if its too early to plant them ?
            Can the seeds be left to dry, until ready to plant ?

I’m in west Cornwall, so we do have quite mild temperatures.

Good luck to you all.
            try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Comment

Lychee leaves turning brown

Originally posted by Clarea1 View Post
              Has anyone any experience of growing lychees?

I have grown one from the stone. It's about 3 months old and seems to had stopped growing. Some of the leaves are going brown at the edges - it's not touching anyhthing, it sits on my table in the sun.

Any advice would be appreciated.
              This is due to fungal disease, I would guess - I have grown Lychees from the stones a number of times, but they always die of fungal disease which turns the leaf edges brown after a while. I am not sure that is what it is, but that is my best guess, based on the fact that other plants I have grown at the same time have then also started showing the same symptoms, and that with some, I have been able to save them using anti-fungal products and cutting away affected leaves. Lychees seem to be very prone to this, whatever it is, and mine usually die of it while still quite young. That why I am searching for info about how to grow them...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X