new apple trees

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new apple trees

i have just bought a couple of new apple trees. some sort of pipping and some sort of scotish variaty. they will be going in my allotment in yorkshire. i have kept them indoors at the moment but when and how will be the best time to put them in the ground
    snake

Hi Snake, haven't seen you about for a while!
    Sorry don't know about your trees though.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

yep been very busy and been away alot as usual. hope all is well

Comment

Been anywhere nice?
        Has your Bud arrived at worthy down yet?
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

The fruit trees need to go into the ground as soon as possible. The spring rooting season is coming soon. If you don't get them into the ground soon, they will not grow many new roots until Autumn, which will delay their establishment by one season.
          Keep them in a cool but frost-free shed for a few days, or lay them on the ground and pile some loose, damp earth over their roots.
          If you keep them indoors, they will start to grow, and will then suffer from cold shock when you plant them outside, as well as adversely affecting their proper spring-time root growth.

FB

Comment

when i said indoors i did mean my old shead lol. and thanks if the weather is good i will put them in this weekend. lainey he has been there since easter i think. he loves the area

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X