Sad strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad strawberries

I'm new to growing and would appreciate some advice on my strawberry plants. Most have no fruit, some have small green strawberries growing. They look hydrated and green but the leaves are curling upwards and I can see a very faint tinge of brown patches developing on one. I can't see any other obvious signs of disease (other than the leaf curling) but on inspection of one plant I could see a small web with a spider in (small with a very bulbous white body). Is this a spider mite? I can't be sure from images online. Any other reason my strawberry plants might be sad?! If they do have some sort of infection, do I need to throw the plants? Thank you for your help!

They look like they are heat stressed and in pots that are too small.
    You should be able to save some crop from the larger plants by using liquid feed.
    The best place for them is planted in the ground if you have space.
    Spider mites are pin head size or smaller. If the spider is any larger it is likely to be a crab spider that catches insects that are visiting the flowers.
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Looks like just lack of water. Those pots are too small, really, as said above. In this heat, they would need watering twice a day or more to keep up with their water needs.

Comment

Thanks so much both. That's really helpful!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X