Lemons 😭

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemons 😭

Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent red spider mite from decimating my lemon tree (Ureka) for the 3rd year in a row. I've not put it in a heated room over the winter, it's been in a cold green house with plenty of fleece. The tree is just starting to put on new growth, I've taken it outside, put it in a sheltered but sunny spot and I've been giving it a feed of Citrus Focus (is this the best one?).
    I'm becoming paranoid about it growing lovely new leaves/flowers/fruit and then losing the lot yet again...........HELP
    Is there a spray I can use as a preventative?

There are plenty of insecticides that work on red spider mite. Just make sure to read the bottle and make sure it mentions spider mite (not all work on them).
    Don't spray until you actually see signs of mites, and you may need to spray a couple of times (2 weeks or so apart) to get rid of them.
    Otherwise, spider mite like hot, dry conditions best, so cooler temperatures and moisture can help to deter them (although I've found from experience it won't get rid of them entirely), and keep the plant well fed and adequately watered so it can recover.

Comment

I have noticed that citrus turn the backs there leaves up when under attack. This gives me a clue as to how they get rid of them naturally.
      They use rain to knock them off. Use mains tap water but avoid getting too much on the soil if it contains a lot of lime.
      I have never had much success with spray on citrus.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X