Tomato Advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Advice

HI. Having built a greenhouse this year I'm having my first bash at growing tomatoes. I was a bit late in reading up on how to do this so basically grew lots of plants a little bit too close together without pinching out branches etc.

I've got a healthy wall of intertwining 5 ft high plants with lots of flowers and one or two fruit starting to grow. Is it too late to thin them out? If I was to cull some branches that are light on flowers would that be a help of a hindrance?

Many thanks in advance

As long as the branches you remove are the ones lowest on flowers, it would definitely still be helpful to remove them, even now.

Comment

Sounds like you've had great success, bigfatal. Nothing extra to add to ameno's advice. Just hello and welcome.

And an anecdote: I had no idea how to grow toms the first few years I grew them. I had rather an intriguing arrangement of canes sticking out every which way, horizontally and vertically, to try and support all the side shoots. Looked very much like an outsized bonkers game of snakes and ladders!

Edited to add:I got a huge harvest. I reckon that if you're successful in growing them, as you obviously are, they'll take all kinds of punishment. The likelihood of you doing any lasting damage is next to nil.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-07-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X