No announcement yet.

Autumn fruiting raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wait until the end of February or even early March as the dead canes do double duty as windbreaks. The yield, even when pruned as late as this, is enormous. My own experience with Autumn raspberries is that they are heavy cropping and completely indestructible even when badly mistreated/neglected, so don't worry about them too much.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but can I just ask - do you cut them right down to the ground? I inherited some autumn fruiters when I got my plot this year and havent really done anything with them this year... ?
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Yes, we cut them as low as possible, Moggsue. I think you have to leave about 9 inches above ground when you first plant them.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks Bluemoon - I shall get to the plot with the secatures after christmas in that case and get chopping!!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X